Thursday 10 May 2012

More Leather bits

Well the prototype holster is now on it's way to the USA to be fitted to an Astra 400 pistol. So I am looking for my next project and what to add to my expanding repertoire of Spanish Civil War kit. If you have any suggestions for commissions or just items from the Spanish Civil war that need reproducing then please comment on this post or send me a message.

These are the items that I have thought up that I intend to make over the next week or two.

Lafitte grenade leather pouches
These are similar in style to the ammunition pouches that I already make and sell through my esty shop, but are obviously a very different shape and designed for the Lafitte hand grenade. They were originally designed before the civil war, were used and made by both sides during the war, and can be seen in photos of the International Brigades and Militia.
In black
In brown, and a slightly different pattern


Bayonet Frogs (Tahali)
These are of a simple design and intended for the Spanish Mauser m93 bayonet. 


Medical Pouches (Sanidad Militar Cartera)
These look like large versions of the cartuchera ammuniton pouches, however they also differ in that they do not have Y-strap 'D' rings. They also have stitched to the inside a loop for holding scissors. When for sale I intend to offer these both empty and filled with scissors bandages and other peiod medical supplies.



No comments:

Post a Comment