Monday 27 February 2012

Hats by Helen

My friend and fellow La Columna member Helen makes Spanish Civil War hats and other accessories. She can also take comissions. Here is some of her work:

Pasamontanas*
This can be worn as a peaked cap or folded down in balaclava style, size of opening can be determined by the buyer, very open face so it just keeps the ears and neck warm or small so just the eyes and top of nose are showing.
£35


Chambergo*
 This can also be made Army of Africa style with an even size brim all the way round
£30





Various Arm bands
Button closure
£15 
Gorillo Side Cap*
Available in red with lettering of Anarchist Black/Red without lettering
£20




Flags
POA dependent upon size etc.

 *Head measurements needed for hats, take from just above ears and eyebrows keeping level around head.

14 comments:

  1. Gorillo in black, red or both in diagonal Anarchist style. Also scarves red or split red and black £12
    Armbands can be made as a complete circle rather than with button closure, upper arm measurement needed for this.
    I like to think I can make any hat from a picture and an idea of the kind of material it is made of.
    Hope to hear from you soon comrades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the U.S. Could I order a hat or two?

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Matt, I'm unsure about postage charges as yet but I understand its a lot cheaper to send things UK to US than US to UK. So if I could have your head measurement and order to yarmouth_gal[at]nospam yahoo.co.uk I accept Paypal : )

      Delete
  3. Sounds good Helen,
    My noggin is 23cm. One pasamontanas is what I'd like. I'll send paypal. I can send the shipping when we figure it out.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was I thinking....head measurement is 60cm

    Forgot about that metric thing....

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bi-lingual but because I started in textiles with patchwork prefer inches : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen: I'm looking to get a gorra del plato like the ones that officers commonly wore in the GCE, as seen:

    http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SPmerriman3.jpg

    and: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IxZRyJq15Sw/TK4V_nTLsNI/AAAAAAAADBE/IeVyf-s6jvw/s1600/img581+-+copia+%283%29.jpg

    I realize the project is somewhat ambitious, but I've been searching for someone who might have the skills to make a repro copy. I see them on Spanish reenactors all the time so I know they exist. Do you know if you might be able to make one, or know of where I can find a repro? I have numerous other photos of both originals and repros for reference. Let me know at matt@remain.com, or on facebook at Mateo Lorenzo Ehrlich (I'm friends with Emma there.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Matt, What's 7 and 3/8ths? P&P is £2.50 btw.
    Salud,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Matt P&P is £2.50, soon as it is paid I'll pop your Pasa in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen,
    Pasa came in the post on Saturday. Very nice! Will work well for my duties at the front. Thanks for the note, it was a nice touch.
    I will let my Comrades in Arms know where they can get one!
    Be well,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only just seen this, cheers Matt.

    ReplyDelete