Wednesday 22 February 2012

Spanish Civil War Bandoliers progress

I've been working on canvas and leather bandoliers, based upon those in a photo of the Durruti column, for the past few days. I've been using heavy 100% cotton canvas in off white, and durable brown leather for the straps. The whole thing has been made by hand, with extra strong linen thread.



As you will see from the photos, I have not yet added a strap. This is because I am unsure of the length at the moment. I am also considering making the strap from canvas to keep the cost down. My predicted price for these when finished will be £50 with leather strap and £45 with canvas strap. Both straps will be fixed and not adjustable.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, and I'm very glad I've had the honour of being granted a 'preview' of the completely finished thing today. Good stuff, very well made! xx

    ReplyDelete